Wednesday 22 June 2016

The Vapors Are Back In Business


So here is the news that fans of The Vapors have been waiting over 30 years to hear. The band are and rehearsing for some UK and Ireland dates in the autumn. I can't wait to see one of my all time favourite bands play live as I was too young to see them first time around. Click here to go to the bands facebook page.

At the beginning of 2015 I was fortunate enough to meet Dave Fenton. I was writing a book to rasie funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity where I met and photographed people. I managed to track Dave down and he immediately agreed to me. We met outside Big Ben and I got my News At Ten photo for the book. The photo below is one that I didn't use in the book. Lives & Times was published last November and has raised over £1350 for the charity. My mother was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2012 and is still fighting this awful illness. The cancer has spread to her brain and she is now in hospital after her condition recently deteriorated. 


Although The Vapors are best known for their massive 1980 worldwide hit Turning Japanese, I was a massive fan of their second single News At Ten. It should have been a massive hit, but lack of exposure, including a strike at BBC's Top Of The Pops resulted in the single just missing out making the UK Top 40.


I have already booked my ticket for their gig in Wolverhampton on November 19th. I am forever playing their compilations on my iPod and the one track I am desperate for them to play on tour is Letter From Hiro, which is just most gorgeous song!


No comments:

Post a Comment